- 2 cups Wheat Berries
- 32 oz. vegetable stock
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 cup diced red pepper
- 1/2 pint cherry tomatoes sliced in half
- 3/4 cup diced green apple
- 2 tbsp. chopped chives
- 1 16 oz. can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed.
Use my Lemon Vinaigrette for the dressing. Find the recipe for it on my HERE!
- To start making this extremely healthy and flavorful salad, put the wheat berries in a large sauce pan with the vegetable stock, water, and salt. Bring it to a boil and then reduce to a simmer. Cover and cook for 1 hour and 10 minutes.
- Now get your mise en place going (which means get everything in order) by chopping the red onion, red pepper, tomatoes, apple, and chives. Then drain and rinse the beans and toss everything but the wheat berries together in a big bowl.
- it’s time to make the vinaigrette. Find my recipe for it and then pour about half in with the ingredients in the bowl.
- Drain the wheat berries and let them cool before tossing with the rest of the ingredients. Once you put them into the bowl, toss everything together and add the remaining vinaigrette. You can add as much or a little vinaigrette as you want. Taste for seasoning. You can add salt and pepper to taste.
- This salad tastes amazing the day after, so you can easily make this ahead of time!