Let me start by telling you about my almond butter obsession. I guess you could say I put it on about everything…So naturally I would want it with chocolate! It’s great in parfaits, smoothies, chicken salad, even salad dressings. Yummy? Yes…yes it is.
Reese’s are one of my favorite candies. I remember always buying them when I went to my grandma’s house. We would stash them in the freezer for a cool and chocolaty sack after coming home from the swimming pool! Enjoy this healthier version of a reese’s and let me know what you think. :)
This recipe makes 7 almond butter cups so you can have one everyday of the week!
- 1/3 cup chocolate powder
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup Agave Nectar or Honey
- 7 tsp. almond butter
- Melt the coconut oil in the microwave (takes about 30 seconds) and add it to a 2 cup liquid measuring cup with a spout. (The spouted measuring cup makes the mixture easier to pour)
- Add the agave and chocolate powder to the melted coconut oil and mix well.
- Use a mini cupcake pan to make the Reese’s. Pour about a tsp. of chocolate into the bottom of 7 spots in the pan. You’ll have about half of the chocolate mixture left after doing this. There’s no need to grease the pan.
- Put the pan into the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Once nicely chilled, you can put 1 tsp. of almond butter onto the top of each future reese’s. spread it, using a spoon, to cover the top of the chocolate.
- using the remaining chocolate, coconut oil, and agave mixture, cover the almond butter so it’s no longer visible.
- Chill for 20 minutes in the freezer.
- To flip these out of the cupcake pan, run a dish cloth under really hot water and then ring out the excess H20. Flip the pan over onto a sheet tray and cup the bottom of each cupcake spot to just warm the edges of your reese’s. Then give the bottom a good tap and the cups should just fall right out!
Let me know if you have any questions by Tweeting Me!