I was inspired by ingredients I found at a local market. This crostini combines intense savory flavors with bold sweetness from nectarines & local raw honey.
- 1 gluten free baguette ( I recommend Against the Grain Gourmet)
- 1 organic nectarine
- high quality smoked gouda cheese
- a couple tbsp. of local honey
- a bit of Himalayan pink salt
- 2 cups finely chopped organic lacinato kale
- 1 clove of garlic + 1/4 tsp. grated garlic
- 3 tbsp. sesame oil
- Pre-heat your broiler. If there are different broiler settings, make sure it’s on high.
- Slice 1/4-1/2 inch thick slices out of the baguette. Toss your crostini pieces into a bowl & generously coat with sesame oil. 2 tbsp. should do the trick.
- Peel a clove of garlic & cut it in half. Use the sliced garlic to flavor each piece of bread. You’ll do this by rubbing half of the clove across the surface of the bread. YUM!
- Now place each slice of bread onto a baking sheet. Under the broiler it goes until you start to see a bit of char around the edges. Flip each piece & make sure the bottom side is nice and toasted as well.
- In a sauté pan, heat 1 tbsp. of sesame oil & add in the 1/4 tsp. of grated garlic. When the oil is nice and hot, throw in your finely chopped kale & a pinch of salt. After 1 minute of cooking the kale is finished. Set it aside while we prep the rest of the ingredients.
- Slice your nectarine into half moons & thinly slice the smoked gouda. Lets construct: Start by putting a piece of gouda on your crostini. Follow that with a heaping tbsp. of kale & a nectarine slice. Drizzle with some local honey & finish with a pinch of Himalayan sea salt.
BOOM. That’s what I’m talking about!