Quesadillas are one of the easiest foods to throw together. I decided to take the convenience factor and multiply it by an outrageous flavor factor! Here’s what happened:
- 1 organic sweet potato
- 2 T fresh chopped sage
- 1 T fresh chopped rosemary
- 1 clove garlic
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup unsweetened organic almond milk
- 12 organic corn tortillas
- 12 1/4 inch thick slices of Brie Cheese (I used 1/4 a wheel of this local brie: Eden from Brazos Valley)
- 1 jar of organic apple butter
Cast iron pan | food processor | knife & cutting board
1. Wash your potato & wrap in foil. bake for 60-90 minutes. You’ll know it’s done when a paring knife easily pierces through the middle of the potato.
2. Once the sweet potato is done cooking, let it cool until your able to handle. Unwrap from the foil & remove the potato’s skin. It will easily slide off after baking.
3. Roughly chop the cooked sweet potato & add it into your food processor. Next add the sage, rosemary, garlic, salt, pepper & 1/4 cup of almond milk. Process until nice & smooth.
4. Slice your brie cheese 1/4 of an inch thick & grab your tortillas. I like to make all of the quesadillas at the same time…so lay 6 tortillas on the counter. Each tortilla gets 2 slices of brie cheese. You can manipulate the creamy brie slices to get them to cover your tortilla evenly.
5. With side #1 of your quesadilla ready, it’s time to spread the sweet potato mixture evenly onto side #2. I used about 1.5 tbsp of puree per quesadilla.
6. Heat a cast iron skillet on medium high heat. While it’s heating up, introduce side #1 to side #2. Cook each quesadilla for about 1.5 minutes on each side.
Serve these quesadillas with a drizzle of apple butter. It will blow your mind. :)
We served these quesadillas to a group of Faceboook employees who came to try out our classes! With all of them being eaten I’d call this recipe a success!